Stretch marks can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable about your appearance. Fortunately, there are several natural ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks
1. Potato Juice: Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
a) Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
b) Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the liquid from the potato covers the affected area.
c) Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. Sugar: Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin.
a) Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
b) Gently rub the mixture on the skin for at least 10 minutes every day before taking a shower.
c) Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. It has various essential nutrients and active compounds that can be used in the treatment of minor burns.
a) You can directly rub aloe Vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
b) Another option is to make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe Vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily.
4. Water : Keeping your body well hydrated helps protect the skin from many kinds of problems. Well-hydrated skin results in regular detoxification of skin pores and restores elasticity, which will help a lot in getting rid of stretch marks. Try to drink one to two glasses of water several times during a day. Experts say a minimum of 10 glasses of water per day is the best way to keep the body hydrated. It will also make your skin soft and help maintain its elasticity. It is advisable to avoid coffee, tea or soda as they can cause dehydration.
5. Lemon Juice : Another simple ways to lessen stretch marks is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, skin injuries, acne, and other scars.
a) Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
b) Another option is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
6. Olive Oil: Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks.
a) Massage slightly warm pure olive oil into the affected skin area. This will improve the blood circulation and reduce the stretch marks to a great extent.
b) Leave it for half an hour so that the vitamins A, D and E present in the oil are absorbed by the skin.
You can also mix olive oil with vinegar and water and use it as a night cream. This will keep your skin stay moisturized and also exfoliate the skin.